Baked Beets & Sweet Potatoes
It seems easy to roast vegetables, however, what can be tricky sometimes is getting a good combination of vegetables with a great taste. This recipe is very simple, but yet very flavourful and delicious. Talk about eating a variety of colors you definitely have that in this dish.
- 2 Large sweet potatoes cubed
- 1 Medium beet with greens cubed and chopped (leaves)
- 1/2 Zucchini cubed
- 1/4 Cup diced red onions
- 3 Mini bell peppers diced (red, orange, yellow)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp garlic butter
- 1 Tbsp roasted garlic & herbs
- 1/4 Tsp mustard powder
- 1.4 Tsp celery seed powder
- 1/4 Tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 Tsp onion powder
- 1/8 Tsp chili powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare a deep dish by lining with parchment paper, two times bigger than the dish. (enough to close it together)
- Add all the ingredients to the dish and mix so the herbs are well mixed in on the vegetables.
- Fold the parchment paper together to prevent heat from escaping
- I also added a single piece of foil paper over the parchment paper, totally optional
- Place dish in the oven and bake for 20-30 minutes.
- If you like your root vegetables crunchy 20 minutes should be enough time. I prefer mine soft so 30 minutes worked perfectly.
- Once cooked to your liking, remove the dish from the oven and let stand for 2 minutes before opening.
- Be careful with the steam when opening the parchment paper.
- Serve with grilled salmon or chicken, dinner is served!
Note: I use only organic ingredients