Cheesy Kale Chips
This is such an easy recipe that took me some tries before perfection. Looking for a healthy snack this one is for you. This is better than a bag of chips, trust me I know!
5 lbs bag kale
1/2 tsp Himalayan or sea salt (optional)
Olive or coconut oil spray
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Preheat oven to the lowest temperature. My oven lowest temperature is 170 degrees.
- Wash the kale and remove stems, tear leaves into small pieces. I usually do the morning of. Have it soak in some apple cider vinegar for about 15 minutes then rinsed and placed on a countertop to airdry. This can also be done the night before.
- Place the pieces of kale leaves on a paper towel to remove any excess water. This step is VERY important. Once completely dry place in a single layer on lined baking sheet.
- Spray with coconut or olive oil.
- Sprinkle a generous amount of nutritional yeast and salt (optional).
- This takes some patience, but the result is a delicious bowl of chips. Kale chips are finished when they feel crisps right in the oven.
Estimated time is 45 minutes to an hour. I tried baking on a much higher heat however you would need to check it every couple minutes to avoid burning it. The lower heat works best.