I like trying different flours in recipes, others with more nutritional value than your regular organic all purpose flour. You will find recipes here made with a variety of flours. Each is unique and offers various benefits.
1 Cup maple syrup
3/4 Cup butter
1 Tsp vanilla extract
1 Tsp baking powder
3 Cups barley flour
1 Cup carob chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare a 11×14 cookie sheet by lining with parchment paper
- Beat the butter and maple syrup until blended.
- Add the eggs, vanilla extract, baking powder and combine until everything is incorporated, scraping down the sides of the bowl if necessary.
- Add the flour and mix on low speed until a dough forms.
- Mix in the carob chips using a wooden spoon.
- Once combined scoop the cookies by the tablespoon and place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Flatten slightly with the palm of the hand.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until edges are lightly brown.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before transfer to a wire rack.
- Store in an airtight jar for 2- 3 days on the counter or freeze up to 3 months.
- Remove from freezer couple hours prior and enjoy.
Note: I use all organic and aluminum free ingredients.