Grilled Herbed Chicken
My sweet girl Jade loves grilled chicken. Of course, the best part to grill is the chicken breast. While I am not a meat eater. I do cook meat (chicken) at home for the rest of the family. There are not too many ways I prepare chicken but namely grilled and baked.
I use the term grilling however it is not done on an open grill and it is indoor. The trick of me grilling is just to get it brown and have the grill marks from the grill pan then I put it in the oven to actually cook. You don’t want to keep it in the oven too long because the chicken will be dry, especially if you use the chicken breast.
Please be aware I chose not to put measurements because this is much based on taste preference and how many pieces of chicken you will be preparing.
- Black pepper
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Olive oil
- Boneless skinless chicken breast
- Combine all the herbs in a bowl then rub on the chicken.
- Cover seasoned chicken and refrigerate for 30 minutes up to an hour.
- Once ready to begin, preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Preheat grill pan.
- Remove seasoned chicken from refrigerator and brush lightly on both side with olive oil.
- When grill pan is heated add chicken and let brown.
- Turn on the opposite side brushing on more olive oil if necessary until both sides are brown.
- Remove from grill pan and place on the prepared baking sheet in the preheated oven for 15- 20 minutes.
- Once cooked, remove from heat and let sit for 3 minutes before serving or cutting.
- Serve and enjoy with a salad, pasta or oven roasted potatoes.
Note: I use only organic items.