I am not the one who would usually cook lots of pasta or rice dishes, however when I do I do try to make it a bit more nutritious than a bowl of loaded carbs. When selecting any pasta I choose one with the least ingredients. While I do make fresh pasta at home, it is also time-consuming so one having the least ingredients is the best choice. Be mindful that not because a pasta is listed as organic or gluten free it is a better option because sometimes that is not the case.
I try not to use aluminum foil in the oven so I am not using the regular lasagna sheets that need to be boiled first. I also use both aluminum foil and parchment paper. Which I covered the glass dish first with the parchment paper then followed with foil. So here is my take on this dish.
1/2 Box Barilla lasagne (1lbs)
1 cups sour cream
2 cups shredded mozzarella and provolone cheese
4 Cups chopped spinach
1 cup tomato sauce
2 teaspoon garlic salt
2 teaspoon roasted garlic and herbs mix
1 teaspoon parsley
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Bring water to boil and pre-cook lasagne according to instructions on package. I cooked mine for about 10 minutes, you just want it al dente, because you will be baking it. I also only boiled what I needed, you more likely won’t need the entire box but more like 1/2 of the box.
- Discard the boiling water and add tap water to stop the boiling process
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare your baking dish, by using cooking spray.
- Combine your sour cream, spinach, garlic salt, parsley, and roasted garlic and herbs mix.
- Add one cup of shredded cheese to the sour cream mixture and set aside.
- Now, to begin layering. First add some tomato sauce to the bottom of the sprayed dish, followed by the lasagne leaves, the spinach -sour cream mixture then topped with shredded cheese, follow this process. Using a 9 by 5 baking dish I was able to repeat that step 3 times before my sour cream mixture finished so the last layer was the sour cream – spinach mixture, lasagne leaves, tomato sauce and finally end with some shredded cheese.
- Cover with parchment paper then followed by aluminum foil optional., if you want to use only either one that is okay as well.
- Bake for 15- 20 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Note: I use only organic items when available.