Sweet Potato Pudding
I do not eat desserts frequently, but if I do it has to be made from scratch. I do not buy store-bought cakes, puddings, brownies, or cookies anymore. I bake them all, by doing this I know exactly what I am eating with no hidden ingredients.
- 4 Cups of sweet potatoes, peeled and grated
- 1 Cup light brown sugar or coconut palm sugar
- 1 Tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 can of coconut milk (13.5 oz)
- 1 Tbsp ghee (butter)
- 1/2 tsp lime zest (optional)
- 1 Cup raisins (optional)
- 1/2 Can evaporate milk (BPA free) regular or almond milk
- Freshly grated ginger or ginger powder (to taste; add carefully)
- Pinch of salt
- Peel and grate sweet potatoes and ginger and set aside.
- Add coconut milk, evaporated milk, cinnamon, butter and light brown sugar in a saucepan and boil on medium heat for 5-15 minutes stirring occasionally
- While still on the stove add the grated sweet potatoes and then the lime zest (optional), salt and ginger.
- Then fold in the raisins.
- Mix until it is not too sticky nor too dry.
- Pour into a greased bowl of your preference.
- Bake for 1 hour on 350°F.
- Allow to completely cool before cutting
Note: I use all organic items.