There are several ways to make hummus and some with so many ingredients that you may not even have on hand. However with just three simple ingredients you can make a tasty hummus. Ingredients that you pretty much have in your pantry already. I have tried several ways to make hummus but I would say the simplest way is the best.
Why Add What Is Not Even Necessary
You may know to make hummus but I bet you that you have not tried making it with only three ingredients. Keep in mind that the less added ingredients a product has of course with the exception to flavoring like herbs and spices the more natural and better it taste.
Best Ways To Enjoy
Hummus can be eaten with any vegetable. I prefer raw vegetables like cucumbers, carrots, tomatoes, or celery. This also pairs well with roasted vegetables like beets, squash, carrots. Another of our favorite is this chia and quinoa tortilla chips.
Another way that I listed below is to add to your sandwich or wrap which can be used as a healthy alternative to butter, mayo, or coconut oil.
Three Ingredients Hummus
- food processor
- 1 15 ounces Garbanzo beans (BPA free can lining and organic)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- Strain garbanzo beans reserving 2 tablespoon of the liquid (aquafaba)
- Place garbanzo beans, 1 tablespoon liquid, 2 tablespoon lemon juice in a food processor and mix until creamy. Add additional liquid if desired.
- Place in a bowl add salt and pepper to taste, serve and enjoy!