Three Seeds Apple Carrot Muffins (Gluten-free)
I wanted to have a healthier alternative than using all purpose flour so I decided to use coconut flour. Baking with coconut four can be tricky, these muffins came together nicely. Looking for a dessert or breakfast muffin, that is gluten free and yet very delicious. These muffins are moist packed with three very nutritious seeds.
Here are the powers of these seeds:
Flax seeds: One tablespoon of ground flaxseed has 2.3 grams of fiber, fantastic source of alpha-linolenic (ALA). These little seeds may also lower cholestrol. Key nutrients are alpa-linolenic acid,fiber,vitamin B6, vitamin E, folate, magnesium and lignans.
Chia seeds: High in antioxidants.Key nutrients are fiber,protein, fat,calcium, manganese, magnesium, phosphorus,zinc, vitamin B3, potassium, vitamin B1,and vitamin B2.
Hempseed:Hemp seeds are a great source of protein and contain all the essential amino acids. Key nutrient are fiber, protein, monounsaturated fat, omega-3 fats, omega-6 fats, manganese, vitamin B1, and magnesium.
1/3 Cup coconut flour
3/4 Cup almond flour
1/3 Cup arrow root flour
1/4 Cup ground flax seed
1/4 Cup hemp seed
1/4 Cup chia seed
1/4 tsp cinnamon powder
2 Tbsp coconut sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 Cup water
2 Tbsp maple syrup
1/4 Cup grated carrots (peeled
1/2 Cups grated apple
1. Preheat oven at 350 degrees.
2. Prepare muffin cups by adding liners.
3. Combine first ten dry ingredients in a bowl.
4. In another bowl add the remaining four ingredients (eggs, vanilla extract, water, and maple syrup) and mix well.
5. Combine the grated carrots and apple to the dry ingredients
6. Then add the wet ingredients and mix.
7. Place in muffin pans.
8. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until cooked.
Note: I use only organic ingredients