The Guilt-free Cheesiest Sauce
Guilt – Free Cheesiest Sauce for Many Uses
I tend to believe if I want to cheat on a meal, I must make it myself. You know how it is that cheese sauce can be high fat and loaded with lots of unhealthy stuff. So after several tries, I decided to make a sauce that will not only be cheesy but taking great consideration to each ingredient I am going to use in my recipe as well.
Guilt-Free Cheesy sauce
The name speaks for itself, this sauce is extremely cheesy and can be made totally dairy-free. Did you read that right? Yes! The cheesiest sauce has secret ingredients that you won’t even taste that is why it is guilt-free.
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1 small potato peeled and diced
- 1 small carrot peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons herbed salt
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese (optional)
- Put potato and carrot in a small pot and put to boil, once cooked remove from heat, and set aside.
- Using a high powdered blender like a Vita-mix, add the following: milk, cashews, nutritional yeast, 1 teaspoon paprika, 1 teaspoon herbed salt, and blend until the cashews are blended completely.
- Add cooked potato and carrot and continue to blend.
- Transfer sauce in a small pot and on a low stove mix to warm, add remaining paprika, and herbed salt.
- Mix regularly so the sauce does not burn, approximately 5 minutes.
- At this time you can add grated cheese however it is perfect as is.
- Top on your mac and cheese or serve alongside veggies and chips as a healthy snack.