Here are 10 steps that can make a huge difference in your health
- Become aware. Start reading labels and see for yourself how many chemicals are in our processed foods.
- Cut out high fructose corn syrup (HFCS). You will be surprised at how much of it you may be eating. Big food companies love to add HFCS to everything because it is a cheap filler. Processed sugars are no better either. A diet high in any sugar can lead to weight gain, type 2 diabetes and metabolic syndrome.
- Cut out all sodas. Did you know you can clean off battery acid or shine a penny with Cocoa Cola or Pepsi ? Gross! Diet sodas are no better either. They are filled with artificial sweeteners.
- Cut out all processed sugars and flours. Processed sugars include: white sugar, evaporated cane syrup, HFCS, brown sugar, corn syrup and caramel. We only use 100% pure maple syrup and raw (local)honey. Those two are the least processed.
- Try to cut back on eating out. Most restaurants put far too much sugar and salt in their foods. Not to mention, GMOs.
- Cut out sugar in your morning coffee or tea.
- Try to buy organic and support your local (farmers) markets. If you can’t afford all organic, try to stick to in season produce.
- Try a new vegetable every week.
- Eat more salad (with homemade dressing on the side) and drink more water.
- Try to incorporate some exercise into your daily routine. If you don’t have time to exercise, try to take the stairs to your office,building, or classroom instead of using the elevator. Or, you can park your car further away from the store or work. Even these small things can make a huge difference.