Vanilla Protein Muffin
So I decided in one of my early blogs that I will make my baked goods a bit more nutritious by adding protein powder, hemp seeds, flax seeds, and/ or chia seeds. So here goes another recipe. This one is very delicious and only at 179 calories, I gave it two thumbs up. This is vegan-friendly and also very low in sugar.
1 cup organic unbleached white flour
1 cup + 2 Tbsp organic pastry flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup olive oil
3/4 cup maple syrup
3/4 cup milk (almond, rice, cow)
2 tsp apple cider vinegar
1 Tbsp hemp hearts
1 scoop protein superfood -pure vanilla
1 tsp cinnamon
2 Tbsp vanilla extract
1 Tsp almond extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lined 6 jumbo cupcake pans.
2. Sift the flours, baking powder, baking soda, and sea salt into a medium bowl.
3. Whisk oil, maple syrup, milk, vinegar, and extract in another bowl until foamy.
4. Combine wet ingredients to dry and mix thoroughly.
5. Pour the batter into the cupcake pans. Dividing evenly. Level to the top. Tap the pan to eliminate air bubbles.
6. Bake the cupcakes for 20-25 minutes on the center rack until golden brown and when inserted with a toothpick comes out clean.