My sister sent me this recipe and I decided I am going to make a healthier version of this. So here goes. Hubby thinks that a little more sugar or raisins can be added but I am okay with the sweetness. I also used fresh coconut so using store-bought may not taste the same.
1 1/2 cups sprouted white whole wheat flour
2 tsp baking powder
4 tsp yeast
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 cup coconut butter
1 cup sugar
1 cup raisins
2 cups fresh grated coconut
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 Tbsp flax seeds
Makes 16 to 18
- Preheat oven at 350 °F and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cream butter and sugar in a bowl.
- Mix in eggs.
- Add flour, baking powder, raisins, and cinnamon to creamed mixture.
- Stir in coconut, flaxseed and vanilla extract.
- The batter should be a little stiff.
- Roll into balls, make sure your hands have flour so it does not become too sticky when forming a ball the size of an egg or to your own liking
- Placed onto a lined baking sheet.
- Bake until lightly browned (about 20 mins).
Note: I use only organic ingredients.
Happy Cooking, xoxox