This muffin is the original version but if you want to try a vegan version try my vegan coconut vanilla muffin. It is also gluten-free and can be made dairy-free using coconut yogurt. This is a very simple recipe that comes together in less than 20 minutes. No mixer required, which is always a plus.
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup granulated sugar
2/4 cups coconut palm sugar
6 oz greek (coconut) yogurt
3 flax (large) eggs
1/3 cup melted coconut oil
1/2 teaspoon Vanilla extract
1/4 cup chocolate chips or raisins (optional)
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line your muffin pans. Make your flax eggs*.
2. Combine the first five ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
3. Combine the wet ingredients in a separate bowl and mix well.
4. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients.
5. After well-combined add to the muffin pans.
6. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
* 1 flax egg = 1 tbsp flax seeds + 3 tbsp water