This muffin is the vegan version of the original Coconut Vanilla Muffin. I always like to alter my original recipes to get a bit healthier version and I came up with this. This is a very simple recipe that comes together in less than 20 minutes. No mixer required, which is always a plus.
1 1/2 cups Sorghum flour (gluten-free link here)
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cups coconut palm sugar
6 oz greek (coconut) yogurt
3 flax eggs
1/3 cup melted coconut oil
1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
1/4 cup chocolate chips or raisins (optional)
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line your muffin pans. Make your flax eggs*.
2. Combine the first four ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
3. Combine the wet ingredients in a separate bowl and mix well.
4. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients.
5. After well-combined add to the muffin pans.
6. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
* 1 flax egg = 1 tbsp flax seeds + 3 tbsp water