What’s The Deal With Plantain
I recall visiting Kona, Hawaii and had the best plantain chips I ever tasted. These Kona plantain plantain chips were very delicious. The only place I had plantain chips was in Kona. Plantains are cooked and cant be eaten raw as its family banana, which is usually eaten raw when ripe and boiled when green. Plantain is very nutritious. It is high in fiber, vitamins A, C, and B6, and the minerals magnesium and potassium. Plantains grow in tropical countries across the globe from Central and South America, The Caribbean, Africa, and Southeast Asia.
Quick Plantain Chips
- Air fryer
- Mandolin (optional)
- After peeling your plantain you can either use a mandolin or using a knife slice your plantain. Do not slice too thin, because it may burn. You do want all sizes equal.
- Sprinkle avocado oil on the sliced plantains and mix
- Sprinkle herbed salt for savory chips ; or cinnamon powder for a sweet flavor
- Mix well and add to your air fryer
- Follow the settings according to your air fryer (Mine is 400 degrees at 10 minutes)
- When completed, serve and enjoy.