Here is another recipe using something different than organic whole wheat or all purpose flour and this came out surprisingly great. I just added everything to my bread machine set on dough setting and have all the kneading and the first round of rising done.
Do you have the feeling to eat bread but don’t want to because you are aware of the all carbs that have no benefit? Well, I made these rolls using spelt, while it looks like wheat is it not or related to wheat.
Yes, it is still carbs but here is some nutritional information about spelt. Spelt flour is a nutritious flour, rich in vitamins and minerals such as magnesium, calcium, selenium, iron, manganese, zinc, vitamin E and B-complex vitamins. It is high in protein and lower in calories than wheat flour and also easier to digest than wheat. So what you think? Give these a try, and tell me what you think?
1 + 1/2 Cups warm water
2 Tbsp yeast
2 Tbsp flaxseed meal
4 Tbsp maple syrup
3 Cups spelt flour
2 Tbsp olive oil
dash of sea salt
- Combine all ingredients in your bread machine according to instructions. Set on dough setting. Mine, the liquids must be added first, so I added the water followed by the rest of the ingredients. If you don’t have a bread machine this can be done using a mixer or by hand. The dough is sticky so remember to flour your hands before handling the dough.
- Using the bread machine it will be on rising setting autiomatically if using a mixer or by hand let it rise for 30 -45 minutes covered in a warm area.
- Once bread machine is completed, remove and knead the dough, adding any additional flour needed to prevent from sticking to the countertop.
- Divide dough into 5 pieces and fold into mini rolls.
- Place on a parchment paper and let rise for an hour.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- After an hour, carefully place bread in the oven and bake for 15-18 minutes.
- Let cool for 5-10minutes before storing or freeze for later use.
Note: I use all organic and aluminum- free ingredients.