Do you know that with a good blender, you can make some of your own flours at home? That is exactly what I do to make oat flour. I take a cup of gluten-free oats and add to the dry Vitamix cup and blend away, the results my oat flour for this delicious cake cookie recipe, taste like a cake, but it is a cookie.
1 Cup maple syrup
1/2 Cup butter
2 Tsp vanilla extract
1 Tsp baking soda
3 Cups oat flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare a 11×14 cookie sheet by lining with parchment paper
- Beat the butter and maple syrup until blended.
- Add the eggs, vanilla extract, baking soda and combine until everything is incorporated, scraping down the sides of the bowl if necessary.
- Add the oat flour and mix on low speed until a dough forms.
- Once combined scoop the cookies by the tablespoon and place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Flatten slightly with the palm of the hand.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until edges are lightly brown.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before transfer to a wire rack.
- Store in an airtight jar for 2- 3 days on the counter or freeze up to 3 months.
- Remove from freezer couple hours prior and enjoy.
Note: I use all organic and aluminum free ingredients