If you are not a big fan of veggies or thinking how can you incorporate more into your diet, here is an easy way: egg scramble. I have been doing this and realize I am getting more veggies in my diet, just what I need. It’s pretty simple and delicious.
1 Egg (whole)
2 Egg whites (only)
3 Cups diced spinach
3 Mini bell peppers (preferably one of each red, orange, yellow)
1/4 Cup diced onions
1 Tsp garlic parsley salt
1 Tsp oregano
1 Tsp cayenne
1/2 Tsp turmeric powder
1/2 Tsp basil
1/4 Tsp black pepper
1/8 Tsp ginger powder
1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Using a whisk combine the eggs and spices in a bowl and set aside.
- Add the olive oil and the veggies in a cast iron pot on low heat and cook to your likeliness. I usually let my onions cook fully.
- Then add the egg mixture.
- Stir with a wooden spoon, until the eggs are cook.
- Serve and enjoy with a salad or toast. Try my Spelt rolls they are delicious with this dish!
Note: I use organic ingredients.