Have you ever read the ingredients on a milk bottle or carton? There are lots of unnecessary ingredients. I love making my own milk at home. I am not a milk drinker but I love to add my homemade nut milk to my baking goods, chia pudding, porridge, and smoothies.
1 Cup raw unsalted cashews
4 Dates pitted
2 1/2 Cups water
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Soak 1 cup cashew with 1.5 cups water about 30 minutes to overnight
- Soak 4 dates with 1/2 cup water about 30 minutes
- Drain and rinse cashew thoroughly
- Blend the rinsed cashew, dates with its’ water
- Add additional water and vanilla extract
- Blend until well mixed
Note: When making nut milk you want to use raw (not roasted) and unsalted nuts. There are no additives in it. It will settle so just shake and pour.
Use within 3-5 days.
I use organic products!