Homemade items for breakfast are the best way to go. These hotcakes are simple but very delicious.
- 1 Cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 Cup milk
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds
- 3 Tbsp hemp seeds
- 2 Tbsp flax seeds
- 2 scoops protein powder
- 2 Tbsp melted butter
- 1/4 Cup applesauce
- 1 Tsp almond essence
- Berries and Maple syrup for toppings
- Preheat the griddle as directed on owners manual
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix, there might be some lumps but that’s okay
- Using a 1/4 cup pour mixture onto the hot griddle and brown flipping on both sides when cook.
- Serve with berries and warmed maple syrup.
In order to have leftovers, I usually double the batch. I store them by wrapping them in parchment paper, placing in a Ziploc bag and storing in the freezer.
When ready to use just warm in a toaster oven, toaster, microwave, or oven.| | | Next → |