I love finding different ways to use quinoa. I have used it as a side, as a porridge, and in a salad. My daughter loves pancakes, which I always make from scratch, but this time I wanted to have a much healthier version that is also gluten-free and vegan. So this recipe was created!
- 2 overripe bananas peeled and mashed
- 1/2 cup quinoa flakes
- 1 flax egg
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 scoops protein powder** (optional)
- 1/8 cup water
- Berries and maple syrup for topping (optional)
- Preheat griddle to 350 degrees
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well
- Add 1/4 cups to the griddle and use a fork to flatten.
- Cook on each side until brown
- Remove from griddle
- Top with berries and maple syrup (optional) Enjoy!
**The protein powder I used in this recipe is the Livfit superfood blend with protein. Here is a list of some of my other favorite protein powders options.
Note: I use all organic items.