I love making parfaits so when I went to the grocery store and read the ingredients of the granola there was no doubt that I can make my own and it came out perfect. Do use rolled oats and not quick or instant oats, the results will not be the same. I usually have mine with some plain Greek yogurt but this can also be eaten as a cereal with milk.
- 4 Cups rolled oats
- 2 Tbsp cinnamon powder
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg powder
- Dash of ginger powder
- 1 – 1 1/2 Cups maple syrup
- 1/2 Cup Raisins
- 1/4 Cup Carob chips
- 2 Tbsp sunflower seeds
- 1/4 Cup coconut flakes
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds
- 3 Tbsp hemp seeds
- 2 Tbsp flax seeds
- Preheat oven lowest setting your oven permits, mine is at 170 degrees.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine first 4 ingredients and place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes turning after every 5 minutes to prevent from burning.
- Once lightly brown, add maple syrup and mix well, covering all the mixture.
- Place back in the oven for another 10-15 minutes
- After, add remaining excluding the carob beans, and return to oven for another 10 minutes.
- Once completely brown and oats are hard/ crunchy when touched add carob chips and return to oven for 5-10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Once cool, transfer to a sealed container or mason jar.
- Enjoy as a parfait or as a cereal.
Note: I use only organic ingredients