I love going to our local farmers market on Saturdays. I have spoken several times with the vendor to get to know more about the farm I am getting my food from. This is always a must.
Last week I bought carrots ( rainbow blend) some purples, yellow and the usual orange. What was unusual I got so many purple carrots and just did not know how to prepare it at first. After thinking deeply I came up with several recipes. I
3 Tbs walnut oil
1/2 cup shiitake mushroom
1/2 medium red onion diced
1/2 medium zucchini diced
3 mini bell peppers diced ( orange, red, yellow)
2 cloves of garlic chopped
2 sprigs of fresh dill chopped thin
3-5 leaves of fresh basil chopped thin
1/4 cup purple carrots peeled and grated
1/2 small eggplant peeled and diced
2 cups cauliflower rice
1 tsp Italian seasoning
Salt & pepper to taste
1. Add the oil to a skillet on medium heat
2. Add mushroom and cook until brown.
3. Add remaining ingredients excluding cauliflower rice.
4. Stir to prevent veggies from burning, reduce heat to low if necessary.
5. Add cauliflower rice, seasonings, salt and paper to taste.
6. Cook until cauliflower is to your liking. Mine took around 10-15 minutes.
7. Remove from heat and plate. I served mine with leftover salmon.