Guilt – Free Cheesiest Sauce for Many Uses
I tend to believe if I want to cheat on a meal, I must make it myself. You know how it is that cheese sauce can be high fat and loaded with lots of unhealthy stuff. So after several tries, I decided to make a sauce that will not only be cheesy but taking great consideration to each ingredient I am going to use in my recipe as well.
Guilt-Free Cheesy sauce
The name speaks for itself, this sauce is extremely cheesy and can be made totally dairy-free. Did you read that right? Yes! The cheesiest sauce has secret ingredients that you won’t even taste that is why it is guilt-free.
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1 small potato peeled and diced
- 1 small carrot peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons herbed salt
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese (optional)
- Put potato and carrot in a small pot and put to boil, once cooked remove from heat, and set aside.
- Using a high powdered blender like a Vita-mix, add the following: milk, cashews, nutritional yeast, 1 teaspoon paprika, 1 teaspoon herbed salt, and blend until the cashews are blended completely.
- Add cooked potato and carrot and continue to blend.
- Transfer sauce in a small pot and on a low stove mix to warm, add remaining paprika, and herbed salt.
- Mix regularly so the sauce does not burn, approximately 5 minutes.
- At this time you can add grated cheese however it is perfect as is.
- Top on your mac and cheese or serve alongside veggies and chips as a healthy snack.
Wow!! Who knew you could have vegetables in ‘cheese’! I’m going to make your sauce this week and let you know how my family enjoys! So excited for these vegan alternatives Dee!!