Here is a snack idea!
Sometimes you want a snack but you’re not sure what to get.
Have you ever thought how unhealthy the popcorn at the theatre is? Did you see the number of calories in one of the servings? Most theatres have the calorie counts posted, so a large refillable popcorn at AMC is 1060 calories, I remember back in the days when my family and I would eat the entire bag before the movies and then go and get a refill so we have more to eat during the movies.
However, I am much wiser, now. When I go to the theatres, I purchase a large bottle of water that I can sip on during the movie and when I am at home I make my own and no not in the microwave.
This homemade popcorn has a nice cheesy flavor that you will enjoy!
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 Cup popcorn kernels
- 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- Himalayan salt or sea salt *optional*
- Heat 2 Tbsp of coconut oil in a cast iron large pot
- Add popcorn kernels and mix so they are evenly spread
- On first pop, add the pot lid, I prefer to use a glass lid so you can see when popping is complete
- Once you don’t hear any more popping remove from heat and sprinkle nutritional yeast and salt
- Add to a bowl
Note: I use all organic items when cooking and baking