Looking for a sweet cream that can be eaten as a parfait, topped with granola, or used with fresh berries or even “sugar free” cookies, then this sweet cream is for you. I like using ingredients that has some type nutritional benefits. Proteins helps repair cells and it protects the body from virus.
This is a dairy and sugar free recipe. So the main ingredients here is cashews. You want to use raw cashews, with no salt and not roasted. I like keeping raw cashews on hand because I use it for various types of cream.
I used dates and also maple syrup. The option can be to use only dates or use as a combination with maple syrup as I did. My daughter wanted it a little sweeter so I added 1 teaspoon maple syrup. However, keep in mind this is still sugar free. The sweetness is all dependent on your taste.
The secret ingredient is northern beans. That is the white beans. These beans are versatile and do not have any strong taste so goes great in this recipe.
- high powered blender
- 1 cup presoaked raw cashews
- 6 presoaked pitted dates
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2/3 cup northern beans
- 1/4-1/2 cups water
- 1/2 -1 teaspoon maple syrup (optional)
- Soak the cashews and dates for 30minutes
- Using a high powered blender, add the drained cashews and dates, beans, lemon juice, vanilla extract and 1/4 cup water until smooth.
- Keep adding 2 tablespoon water until its creamy
- Adding 1/2 teaspoon maple syrup if needed
- Served with berries or cookies
- Store in the freezer