We love asparagus at home, while Jade may not totally agree, it’s our go to vegetable. As she might say it is MY got to vegetable especially when dinning out, however, it is also at home. We cook asparagus weekly.
Benefits of Asparagus?
Asparagus is one of the most nutritionally well-balanced vegetables. It is highest in folic acid and a good source of potassium, fiber, thiamin, and vitamins A, B6, and C. A 5-ounce serving provides 60% of the Recommended Dietary Allowance (RDA) for folic acid and not to forget it is low in calories.
Oven Roasted versus Air Fryer
In this recipe I prefer having it in the oven because it gives it a nice grilled mark. While you can totally make it in the air fryer. I love veggies in the air-fryer if I am going to eat them at the same time. However, if I am not then I totally go for the oven. Of course if you want less work, the air fryer is still your best alternative.
Super Easy and Very Fast
Vegetables should never be cooked, because you end up losing all the vitamins and minerals in them. When I say cook I simply mean requiring more than 15 minutes to complete. This oven recipe is super easy with limited ingredients. Six ingredients in total, however just for flavor.
I eat plant-based so I used my homemade vegan parmesan cheese. If you are not on a restricted diet. You can use regular dairy cheese, I do suggest using the parmesan cheese. Another great option is using nutritional yeast which would be my second recommended option.
Oven Roasted Aspagragus
- 1 pound asparagus washed and ends chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons vegan parmesan cheese
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon herbed salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425F. Line a 10X 15 inch rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper
- Spread asparagus on parchment paper. Drizzle with oil; toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese, garlic, salt, pepper, and lemon juice if using. Toss again, then arrange asparagus in a single layer.
- Roast until just tender , about 10-12 minutes. Asparagus can be served hot or roasted two hours ahead and served at room temperature.