Creation of This Easy Chickpeas burger
It’s always a challenge making good and tasty vegan burgers. I never buy the store bought burgers because they are loaded with sodium or unnecessary ingredients. I tend to always believe if I can put it together there is no doubt that it wont be much better than the store-bought.
The Simple Steps to Making This Easy Chickpeas Burger
This recipe is easy because it was made using canned chickpeas however if you want to use cooked your chickpeas, go for it! Try this recipe and share your thoughts!
1 (15 oz) can drained chickpeas
1 cup fresh spinach (chopped)
2 flax eggs or whole eggs
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1- 1 1/2 teaspoon garlic or herb salt (to taste)
2-4 tablespoons chickpeas flour
2 tablespoons olive oil
- On medium heat add 1 teaspoon oil in a skillet.
- Add chopped spinach and cumin. Cook until spinach is wilted. Discard any liquid leftover from the spinach
- Set 1/4 chickpeas aside, this you will use mash with a fork, so you can have some texture in your burger.
- Using a food processor add remaining chickpeas, eggs, lemon juice, herb or garlic and pulse to resemble a chunky hummus.
- Using a fork smash the remaining 1/4 chickpeas in a bowl, add the spinach mixture and the chickpeas-egg mixture and combine thoroughly.
- Fold in the chickpeas flour, you want the consistency to be a bit sticky however easy enough to form a patty. Add flour as needed.
- Form mixture into patties (this gives about 5 4-inch burgers)
- Preheat oven on 350 degrees. Lined a pan with parchment paper.
- On medium heat add the remaining 2 tablespoon olive oil.
- Once the oil is hot add the patties and cook until brown on both sides.
- Transfer to prepared lined pan and place in the preheated oven.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until burgers are firm and cooked through.
- Place on a salad, bun, or on your zucchini wrap and enjoy!
This looks easy and spot on. I love the wrap, I’m going to make it!