Most people hate salads because there is nothing to it and they are never satisfied after having one as a meal. I think they feel that way because they only have a-two ingredient salad consisting of lettuce and tomatoes, and maybe carrots and onions or bell peppers. My advice if you want a salad to be satisfying you will need to change it up a bit.
If you want to eat more salad, but not that creative or want some ideas. This one is for you. I have a document: Create Your Own. You can download the form for a small fee. There you will have the opportunity to make various types of satisfying and delicious salads or wraps.
Remember when you have a salad it can be a meal and not only a side dish. I did not use any lettuce or carrots because they are usually the basic ingredients in a garden salad, yes tomatoes is as well but I love tomatoes, sorry sissy Norma, she does not;). I wanted to use ingredients that are satisfying. I called this one garden salad because all these items can be grown in your garden. This salad is very basic yet filling because of the chickpeas and I also added a piece of grilled salmon for extra protein. Give this one a try and let me know what you think and don’t forget to download the salad builder document: Create Your Own.
These are all my favorite ingredients in perfect harmony.
- 1 Medium cucumber diced
- 2 Medium tomatoes or 1 medium tomato + 6 grape tomatoes
- 1/2 Avocado diced
- 1 Cup spinach
- 1/2 Cup canned chickpeas or black beans (washed and drained )
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp blue cheese crumbles or feta (optional)
- Combine the first four ingredients and toss
- Add the chickpeas, olive oil, lemon juice, and salt and pepper to taste
- Topped with blue cheese or feta crumbles if adding
- Serve along with your added protein (grilled salmon or chicken) for lunch or dinner or add an egg on top for a breakfast option. Salads are great any time of the day.
Note: I use organic ingredients and BPA free lined cans when possible.