I am not a big bread fan, was never, even when I was growing up. You know the person who would not mind having a sandwich for breakfast, lunch and another for dinner. However, there are times when I do want bread and the only option I choose is homemade bread, my own 🙂 This bread is delicious, a little time consuming but it is worth every second.
2 tablespoons date sugar
3 cups sprouted wheat flour
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 teaspoons instant yeast
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
2 tablespoons chia seeds
1 3/4 cups lukewarm water
- Combine all the ingredients together, in your mixer with a dough hook or by hand.
- After well combined, place the dough in a lightly greased bowl, covered with a tea cloth and let rest for 30 minutes.
- Prepare a baking sheet with lined parchment paper and set aside.
- Place the dough on a surface, lightly add oil to your hands and knead for 3-5 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 12 pieces and roll out.
- Place the shaped dough on the lined baking sheet, cover, and let rise for 1 1/2 hours
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees.
- Place rolled bread in the preheated oven until nicely browned about 30 -45 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 10-15 minutes before serving.
- Enjoy 🙂
Note: I use only organic and/or non gmo verified products.
Substitution: If you do not have date sugar you can use coconut palm sugar. I tested this recipe with sprouted wheat flour only which is a healthier option but all-purpose flour and cane sugar might work. If you do use that option please let me how it came out.