I remember tasting tabbouleh at one of our local restaurants in downtown Winter Garden. It always seemed like an easy side to prepare however I never tried making it. A couple of months ago I went to lunch with a friend and guess what was on the menu…. yep tabbouleh. Of course, I had to order it. I was disappointed though because they had corn in it. Who puts corn in a great dish? Sorry corn lovers, I do not like corn hence I am showing all the love…. 🙂
After that day, I said I am going to finally make my own version and it won’t be like any that I have ever tasted. So I gathered all my ingredients and this delicious dish was created. You can have it as a full salad along with your protein. Yes, it is that filling.
Give it a try and let me know what you think.
10 grape tomatoes quartered
1 cup cooked quinoa (red, or white)
1/2 diced medium cucumber
1 handful of chopped spinach
3 Tbs walnuts for toppings (optional)
1 Tbs lemon juice
2 cloves of grated garlic
3 Tbs of olive oil
Salt and pepper (to taste)
- See my post on how to cook quinoa . This is my favorite brand of quinoa.
2. In a large salad bowl add spinach, tomatoes, and quinoa and set aside.
3. It is time to prepare your 1,2,3 vinaigrette. This vinaigrette is very simple because there are only three ingredients. In a small bowl add your lemon juice, grated garlic, olive oil and salt and pepper to taste. Mix with a fork.
4. Add your vinaigrette to your salad and toss.
5. Place your salad on a serving bowl/ plate , top with walnuts and your protein.
I love having mine with grilled salmon. But I am sure any protein will work perfect if you want to keep it vegetarian add some chickpeas.
Give this recipe a try and let me know what you think!
Note: I use all organic vegetables, fruits, and products, also wild-caught seafood when possible.