I wanted to try something different, and as always I like to include more nutritious ingredients as possible so the following was created.
- 3 Cups fresh strawberries
- 2 – 4 Tbsp coconut palm sugar (depending on the sweetness of the strawberries)
- 2 Tbsp flax seeds
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1 Tsp hemp seeds
- 5 Egg whites
- 1/4 Cup applesauce
- 1/4 Cup milk
- 6 Slices of bread
Begin by making your sauce, which is the topping.
- Slice 1 cup strawberries and add the remaining strawberries whole in a cast iron pot on low heat.
- Add the coconut palm sugar and stir until strawberries are soft and cooked.
- Turn stove off and cover the pot to retain some heat.
Now for the french toast
Heat griddle over medium heat.| | | Next → |