Homemade waffles are very easy to make. You just need some time and add love. Sometimes I like making two batches because they freeze perfectly. I just take them once cooled wrapped them in parchment paper then placed in a ziplock bag or container and put them in the freezer. When I am ready for them I just reheat in the toaster.
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp baking powder ( aluminum-free)
1 Tbsp sugar
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 3/4 buttermilk
6 Tbsp melted butter ( cooled)
Fruits (orange wedges, bananas, berries)
Warm maple syrup
- Preheat your waffle maker
- Combine all dry ingredients (first 5 ) mix with a whisk and set aside.
- Combine wet ingredients and set aside.
- Add your wet ingredients to your dry and mix until no lumps are seen
- Let sit for 15 minutes
- Lightly spray your waffle maker before adding your mixture.
- Following directions from your waffle maker.
- When finished, add your fruits and drizzle with warm syrup and enjoy!
Substitution for 1 cup buttermilk use 1 cup milk and add 1 tablespoon lemon juice or 1 tablespoon vinegar. Mix and set aside for 20 minutes, then it is ready to use.
In the recipe above I suggest, 2 cups milk and 2 Tbs lemon juice or vinegar then measure 1 3/4 cups for the recipe.