Herbed Roasted Chicken
It is sometimes so easy to prepare a dish and let the oven do the rest of the work. This recipe requires some prep work which is to marinate the chicken overnight but that is what gives this recipe a delicious flavor. To get this type of texture it is best to use this type of baking rack.
1/2 teaspoon of the following herbs:
oregano, parsley, thyme, turmeric, onion powder, black pepper, rosemary, cumin, garlic, celery seed, paprika, salt
1 tsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
1 Tbsp olive oil
12 pieces of skinless chicken drumsticks or 5 ounces boneless skinless breast
- In a glass bowl, mix the seasonings and lemon juice together.
- Add chicken, mix well making sure seasonings are covering all the chicken pieces on both sides, cover and marinate in the refrigerator overnight.
- Next morning: Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line the baking dish with parchment paper and spray the baking rack with cooking spray to prevent the chicken pieces from sticking to the rack.
- Remove chicken from the refrigerator coat each piece with olive oil and place on baking rack.
- Bake for 15-29 minutes (or until no longer pink). Please keep in mind if you do choose chicken breast, it cooks faster than the drumsticks.
- Once the chicken pieces are cooked, remove from the oven and serve along with a side dish and salad.
Note: I use all organic ingredients.
YUM! Tried these and they were incredible! Thanks for sharing and adding your own photo to ensure I did it right!