This milk is originated from the name golden because the milk has a golden color, which comes from turmeric also known as Curcuma Longa. Did you know that turmeric is very good for you?
The Benefits of Turmeric
- Gradually increases antioxidants in your body
- Aids in controlling diabetes
- Aid in preventing (and potentially even treating) cancer
- Helps lower cholesterol levels
- Useful in aiding the prevention and treatment of Alzheimer’s disease
- Used for skin treatments
- Beneficial to those who suffer from depression
- Used for gastrointestinal treatments
- Help relieve arthritis
- Aid in the management of your weight
There are two options the long way using the fresh turmeric always recommended as my go-to- option. However, make sure you have “real” turmeric. Real turmeric stains your fingers; it supposes to. I have bought fresh turmeric and it looked nothing like this, so when you can’t get a fresh turmeric you can still make it using my second option.
Option 1: Using fresh turmeric
- 1 Tbsp freshly grated turmeric
- 1/8 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 1 cup milk (dairy or dairy-free)
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon powder
- Pinch of black pepper (for absorption)
- Raw honey or maple syrup for taste
- Combine freshly grated turmeric, ginger, black pepper, and milk in a high-speed blender.
- Pour in a saucepan and heat for 3-5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add cinnamon powder and sweeten to taste.
- Pour into a teacup and serve immediately.
My milk choice option is coconut milk. I have tried a variety and I feel coconut milk gives it the best taste.
Option 2: Using the turmeric powder
This option is much easier, especially when the fresh turmeric is not available. I like this brand because it is USDA organic, Non-GMO project, verified, fairtrade certified ingredients, and partner carbon-free. This particular which is my favorite has ginger and cardamon included already.
- 1 tsp of Numi Organic Tea – Tumeric Chai
- 1 cup coconut milk (or any dairy or non-diary)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger powder
- Combine all the ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a 3-5 minutes boil.
- Pour into a teacup, sweeten to taste and serve immediately.