I love eating quinoa for breakfast. Quinoa is good for your food and a staple in my kitchen. Did you know that quinoa is one of the most protein-rich foods we can eat? It is a complete protein because it includes all nine essential amino acids (the Word’s Healthiest Foods).
- Promotes energy production
- Promotes heart health
- Promotes optimal health
This recipe is a healthy breakfast that will leave you filled.
- 6 Medjool dates pitted and soaked overnight
- 1 cup quinoa
- 3 cups of water
- 1 – 4-inch cinnamon stick
- 3 Tbsp flax seeds
- 2 Tbsp hemp seeds
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds
- Berries or bananas (optional topping)
- Milk (for topping)
Blend the dates with soaked overnight water in a high powered blender.
- Add all ingredients in a pot included dates mixture, stir, and boil for 15-20 minutes on low heat.
- Pour cooked quinoa in a bowl add milk and top with fruits.
Note: I use only organic ingredients