My daughter and I love French toasts. But most French toasts are basically eggs and milk and that’s about it. I always believe when we eat something it should have some type of nutritional value. So I thought about this thoroughly and came up with this recipe.
- 2 Whole eggs
- 4 Egg whites
- 1/4 Cup milk
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- 2 scoops protein powder
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds
- 2 Tbsp ground flax seeds
- 1/2 Cup applesauce
- 4 Tbsp coconut palm sugar
- 7-8 Slices of bread
- Warm maple syrup (optional)
- Berries (optional)
- Preheat your grill pan at 350 degrees.
- In addition, preheat your oven to 270 degrees and line a baking sheet with a parchment paper.
- Combine the first 11 ingredients in a large wide bowl.
- Mix well.
- Place your bread slices individually in the egg mixture and turn on both sides making sure the bread is completely covered in the egg mixture before removing.
- Make sure to let any excess mixture drain off before adding the slices onto the heated grill.
- Place slices on the heated grill and let brown before turning on the opposite side.
- Once browned (cooked) on both sides remove from the grill and place onto the prepared baking sheet in the oven to keep warm.
- Repeat steps 5, 6, 7, and 8 until all the slices have been completed.
- Serve with warm maple syrup and berries.
Best recipe out there!! Love it!